3D Bioprinting is the utilization of 3D printing and 3D printing–like techniques to combine cells, growth factors, and biomaterials to fabricate biomedical parts that maximally imitate natural tissue characteristics.
3D-Bioprinting holds much promise in advancing medicine as tool to replicate cellular complexity of tissue environment, ex vivo for drug screening and as a means of engineering well-defined functional tissue units for transplantation (scaffolds, which can be used to regenerate joints and ligaments).
3D Bioprinting generally follows three steps:
- Pre-bioprinting, the process of creating a model that the printer will later create and choosing the materials that will be used.
- Bioprinting, mixture of cells, matrix, and nutrients (bioinks) are placed in a printer cartridge and deposited using the patients’ medical scans.
- Post-bioprinting, creation of a stable structure from the biological material.
For 3D Bioprinting there are three main approaches:
- Autonomous self-assembly
- Combination of both, also called mini-tissue building blocks
This conference (1st edition in 2014), which is part of the 3D Medical Printing Series, will bring together the international 3D Bioprinting community to showcase the work of researchers in the 3D Bioprinting field and its applications, with a view to fostering closer ties and collaborations. The overall goal of this conference is to address both the technologies and the applications — from early technology development to downstream applications.
Early-stage and Start-Up Companies will find this conference an excellent source of networking opportunities with key opinion leaders participating and speaking.
The 3D Bioprinting Conference is part of the 3D Medical Printing Series, which encompasses four online conferences during two weeks:
- 26 January 2021, ONLINE 3D Bioprinting Conference
- 28 january 2021, ONLINE 3D Dental Printing Conference
- 2 February 2021, ONLINE 3D Medtech Printing Conference
- 4 February 2021, ONLINE 3D Pharma Printing Conference
Medical professionals | Radiologists | Cardiologists | Oncologists | Orthopedists | Neurologists | Surgeons | Nurses | Dentists | Bioengineers | Dental Labs | Biomedical Engineers | Medical Scientists | Clinical Data Scientists | Medical VR Designer | Pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and Biotech professionals | Regulators | Compliance Officers | Pharmacists | Laboratory Personnel | Consultants | Contractors/Subcontractors | 3D Printing suppliers | anyone responsible for medicine/drug: Development | Manufacturing | Preclinical | Quality Assurance | Quality Control | Operations | Surgeons | Medical Engineers | Research Institutes | Doctors | Development etc.